My Favourite Budget Skincare Items


Today I'm doing a post about my favourite skincare items that are cheap, basically! I do use more expensive items too, and generally believe that when it comes to skincare you get what you pay for. However, these products are the exception as they work so well and I would actually pay more for many of them!


Mudd Original Mask- £4.99 (for 10 applications)

I actually cannot say enough good things about this face mask. I first heard about it when my sister told me that her friend who had been struggling with spots used it and it had cleared them up. Although it hasn't quite cleared ALL my spots up (I've accepted that this is just impossible) I do find it really, really works. It does remove some of my spots but I also think it just makes my skin a lot more manageable in general. I have quite an uneven skin tone so sometimes this makes putting on foundation quite difficult when my skin is not nice and smooth. If I've used this the night before I notice SUCH a difference in my skin and how easy my foundation just glides on. You can buy a smaller version of this for 99p but I'd say it's worth getting the bigger version.



You can never go wrong with a bit of Soap and Glory. This describes itself as "milky-creamy" and that's what I love about it. It smells so nice and just feels so fresh and lovely on your skin. It doesn't feel full of chemicals like some other cleansers. I don't know if does a great job with removing make-up but I'll forgive it. I usually cleanse again after using this anyway.



Despite them being my whole skincare routine when I was 14, I'm usually not too keen on face wipes. I find they make your skin feel dry afterwards, and they usually tempt me to just grab a wipe and pass out in bed after a long day and not actually wash my face. These wipes, though, are totally different. My skin actually feels really fresh after using them, and by using a wipe instead of just a cleanser, you're able to make sure EVERYTHING is off, including stubborn mascara! At £7, they are probably pretty steep for wipes but right now Boots are giving away £5 off no.7 skincare vouchers so I've been stocking up!



What I really love about this stuff, and the whole Botanics range, is the amount of natural ingredients they include in their products. This night cream include marshmallow, which is meant to calm the skin, and linden flower, which soothes and hydrates. I love using this in winter when my skin is slightly dry and irritated, I just lather it on and let it do it's magic overnight!



I love this spray. Again, it's includes loads of natural ingredients, the main one being tea tree oil. It targets acne, and its such an easy process, you pretty much just spray it anywhere you're having acne problems and then gently rub it in. I've definitely seen a difference with my spots since I've started using this. It's admittedly on the higher scale of 'budget' but it's definitely worth it.



This includes aluminium-oxide micro-crystals which exoliate away all your dead skin cells and smooth and renew the new ones. Earlier I mentioned my skin can get quite uneven, so I love using this and making my skin feel much smoother.



This is the ulimate face wash to use in the shower. If you've used it before, you'll know exactly what I mean. It says it leaves your skin with an "uplifting, clean feel" and that is exactly it. It has such a fresh, nice smell and it's very lightweight, it just feels great on your skin. It does a really good job of removing make up too!





Wednesday 29 January 2014

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin