Review: Revolution Bar Aberdeen

A few weeks ago me and my flatmate went to Vodka Rev for supper. I'd been there before, downstairs, for pre-drinks before I head out in town but I had never tried their food before. Admittedly, I didn't even know they did food until one of my friends pointed it out to me. It's situated on Belmont Street, which is a really busy street in Aberdeen. It's home to a lot of bars, and there's a couple nightclubs on the street but they're all really old buildings which I think looks cool.


You'd never guess that there's a really busy, loud bar downstairs because the upstairs is actually really chilled out and cosy.


We arrived and were greeted by the really friendly people working behind the upstairs bar. We got cocktail menus, food menu and were told to take a look at the specials menu that was up on the wall.


First, we ordered some cocktails. I got the Pretty Pretty Bang Bang, which has Stoli and Absolut Raspberri vodkas, strawberries, Grenadine and Red Bull. My flatmate Georgi went for the Long Island Iced Tea with Stoli vodka, Cointreau liqueur, Bombay Sapphire gin, Bacardi Superior rum & Sauza tequila with a squeeze of lemon then topped with Coca Cola. You could tell they were really strong (at least you're getting what you paid for) but they surprisingly tasted really nice as well!




Then, for the food. After much deliberation, I went for the Chicken, Chorizo and Pesto Pappardelle which consisted of thick ribbon pasta tossed with fresh rosemary, sliced chorizo and sun blushed tomatoes in a light and creamy sauce of pesto and sugar snap peas. Georgi went for the Peppercorn Burger, a burger with cheese, creamy peppercorn sauce and served with onion rings and chips. The menu was big and there was lots of things you choose from. You can definitely tell it's a place more aimed at young people, though, and the menu has alot of things like burgers and nachos with seems to appeal to younger people a little bit more. 



Not only was the presentation immaculate but the food tasted so good too! I'm told that on Mondays, the whole menu is half price so I will definitely be heading there again very soon.




  

Thursday 23 January 2014

One response to Review: Revolution Bar Aberdeen

  1. Unknown says:

    Hi Babe,

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award, check my recently blog post :)
    www.chlotalks.blogspot.com

    Love Chlo xxx

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin