What's In My Make Up Bag?

My first blog post, woooow. I had no idea what to do my all important first post on. This blog is going to be probably a bit all over the place as I'm planning to just post about things I like. Sounds simple enough though. Make up, food, travel, film... I have decided to start off on a pretty safe bet. Describing what’s in my make up bag. I'm a pretty big make up freak, I've tried just about everything. (Okay maybe not but it definitely feels like it!) People that aren't big make up people probably won't understand, as to an outside eye all the different brands probably look the same. To whoever is wearing it on their face, though, it definitely doesn't feel the same. So, its been many years of trial and error but this is what I'm currently wearing. Depending on how much time I've given myself in the morning, and also where I'm heading, sometimes I wear all of the make up I've listed here and sometimes I just shove on some mascara and leave my flat. Regardless, this is all my favourite make up in one very long post, woo hoo!






This is what I carry my make-up around in. I do have a lot more make up than what I'm about to show you, but this is the make-up I use generally on a day-to-day basis. My sister bought me the make-up bag for Christmas, its from River Island. I'd actually been eyeing it up for ages, and moaning to anyone that would listen about how I reaaaally need a make up bag. My most recent one had been thrown out after a fake tan incident I don't enjoy talking about, and I was pretty much using my desk as a temporary make up bag which doesn't work so well when you've got mountains of uni work also spread out everywhere. Anyway, someone finally listened and I was so relived that my sister picked such a pretty bag!





Starting at the very beginning... primer. I've tried a few primers, and this is definitely the best one that I've used. Porefessional by benefit is quite expensive but I think it's definitely worth it. Literally the second you put it on, your skin feels about 10 times as smooth. It makes your foundation look so much nicer and also helps it to stay on longer. This is also the UK's best selling primer, so if you like following the crowd it's definitely for you.





The second make-up item in my bag, and in my opinion one of the most important, is foundation. I have two different foundations in my make-up bag and this is because I use them on different occasions. The first is MAC Studio Fix Fluid. I use this on nights out and pretty much anywhere I'm going and I want to look a little more done-up. I must admit, I LOVE this foundation. I've been using it for a few years now and I can't imagine ever not using it. It is a heavy foundation, hence the reason I only wear it on nights out. I have worn it during the day before but I think it would too easily slip into the 'cake face' look, you have to be careful. I'm wearing it in NC20. The second foundation is Loreal True Match. I wear this during the day. This is actually quite similar to Studio Fix, just a bit lighter. I feel like it covers blemishes really well, but it still feels like your skin can breathe.



Next up is the Benefit Boi-ing concealer. This is actually a newer one for me after I ran out of my staple Collection 2000 concealer. It's WAY more expensive than the Collection concealer but also lasts a lot longer. I think the collection 2000 concealer tricks you into thinking its really, really cheap but it's probably because you hardly get anything in it. I'm not disappointed with Boi-ing at all though! I use this under my eyes and on my blemishes around my face as it works for both. I use the first shade and it works for me as I'm quite fair!



I don't think I've ever used anything other than Rimmel's Stay Matte powder to powder my face. That's probably a bad thing but I've never felt the need to try anything different! It's currently £3.99 in boots and it lasts ages. Such a good buy. I'm using it in the shade 001 transparent.



This is Sleek Contouring and Blush Palette in Light 373. I really love all Sleek's make-up and I definitely want to purchase more of it. I've never been disappointed with any of their products. I've been using this as a 2 in 1, using the bronzer first and then the blush. The highlighter well but I love my other highlighter too much. Keep reading to find out what one...



Of course it's High Beam by Benefit. For some reason I really don't like the thought of using a powder highlighter. I feel like once you've powdered, then used powder bronzer, and then powder blush, there's only so much your skin can take before it looks cakey. I also think the best highlighters are the ones that looks slightly dewy and this is exactly what High Beam achieves.



Now for the eyes. I was going to tidy this eye-shadow up because as you can see, it was gunk all over it. I thought better of it, though, because now you can see how old and tatty it is and yet I'm still using it. I thought this was a good thing originally because it's lasted for ages but now I'm reconsidering it. I always use a light colour all over my lid and this is Bourjois illuminating eye shadow in light. It's really pigmented and definite does the what it says on the tin.




Then, depending on what kind of mood I'm in, I use various colours from my sleek palette. Because I'm not often in a creative mood, I usually wear matte brown in my crease and that’s about it. This is the sleek storm palette. I LOVE this. It's so cheap, such good quality and lasts so long. Although, as you can see, all the shadows are running out at different times which is a bit of a pain. I definitely need to purchase more of these, and different colours as well.



Supercat by Soap and Glory is the best liquid eye-liner, and your argument is invalid. It just wins every time. I also use the Revlon Colour Stay eye-liner for my water line. I really, really love Revlon Colour Stay products. You probably wouldn't have guessed as this appears to be the only one from the line in my make up bag, but it's just because I switch everything up quite regularly.




And finally, my favourite piece of make up; mascara. If I could only use one item for the rest of my life it would absolutely be mascara. My eyelashes are quite a good length but because of the colour, without mascara they're very easy to miss. I'm currently wearing Maybelline Falsies. I love the brush as it really works well with curling the lashes.


So there you have it, the contents of my make up bag. If you read all the way until here, I applaud you and will let you go now. Thanks. :)

Thursday 16 January 2014

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin