A Weekend in London


Woohoo! I spent this weekend, much to my delight, in London! My good friend Ursula lives and goes to university down there so I thought it was due time for a visit. Oh, and the small fact that Taylor Swift was performing this weekend, but more on that later...

I'm not so used to flying on my own, but it was so much easier than I expected. Absolutely nothing went wrong and the whole process was very relaxed and panic free. It was a freezing day though so had to wrap up warm!



 I had a whole row to myself on the plane and in the airport, while waiting for Ursula, two girls came up to me and offered me their underground ticket as they didn't need it any more! What a great start to the weekend.

We headed to Convent Garden and had a looked round the shops and then had some lunch and a catch up. That night we went to see 'The Light Princess' at the National Theatre and it was truly amazing. It was about a princess who floats (sounds weird but go with it) and the way the staging works in order to have her in the air at all times is pretty remarkable. And the fact that she sings the whole way through is even more amazing! Anyone that has the chance should definitely give it a watch.

The next day we set off towards the aquarium and of course, had to take a few tourist shots.





We both love all sea life (we are Pisces so that might explain it) so the aquarium was a must. I wasn't expected huge things from it but I was pleasantly surprised! You for sure get your moneys worth of entertainment. They have all sorts of weird and wonderful aquatic animals in there, as well as turtles and penguins! I could barely contain my excitement when I heard about the penguins. 














The penguins moved about so fast it was hard to get any photos. I did get an adorable video though.



Then, on Sunday night it was time for TAYLOR SWIFT! I've loved Taylor since 'Our Song' came out in 2007. I've never seen her live before so I jumped at the chance. I didn't actually take many photos of videos because I kind of wanted to experience the concert not though a camera screen but it was AMAZING. I wish I could see it again and again.



Monday 3 February 2014

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin