Go-To Make-up for a Dinner Date



One of the hardest things in every girls life is what to wear/how to do your make-up when the venue is nice, but not TOO nice. You want to look fancy and done up, but not so much people think you're heading to the club afterwards. Whenever I have such a conundrum, I turn to my trusty, very much tried and tested 'go-to' make-up.

It all starts off with a nice base. If you want to recreate this look, I don't think what foundation products you use are hugely important. Just for reference, I used MAC Studio Fix foundation, Rimmel Stay Matte powder, Bourjois bronzing powder and Benefit Sugarbomb blush. (...and breath)

I start off by dabbing Maxfactor Max Effect Dip In Eyeshadow in 'Silver Lounge' in the inner corner of my eye.


I then use Clinique Spicy eyeshadow quad. I use the medium brown over my eyelid.


I then use the darker brown in my crease.


This is where the look is versatile. You can keep going with the crease, adding more of the darker brown and then onto black if you like. I stopped here, as I wanted a more simple look. I then added eyeliner and mascara.


I put on MAC Kinda Sexy lipstick, curled my hair (max 10 mins, I am becoming a pro), changed my outfit and I was ready to go!





(apologies for the slightly blurry images, my camera was playing up!)

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin