Review: L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara


Mascara is probably my favourite make-up product and I'm always keeping an eye out for anything new emerging in the market. It would definitely be hard to miss the launch of this mascara, it was everywhere (or maybe I just pay attention to these things more than the average person, hmm...)

When I first caught sight of the whole marketing campaign, I was slightly confused. The posters, stands, advertisements etc. etc. all had images of pandas all over them. Having had it drilled into me since I started wearing make up: "Do not, under any circumstances, put make-up on in a way that could be described as 'panda' eyes", the idea that L'Oreal were actually celebrating 'panda' eyes made me want to run in the opposite direction. 

However, I was wrong (of course). The whole 'Miss Manga' campaign actually pays homage to Japanese Manga black and white comic books and enforces the Japanese Kawaii look, ie. big, cute eyes. The brush is especially formulated with a 360ยบ  brush to intensify and amplify both upper and lower lashes. Hearing this, I was sold already.



This mascara is my new favourite. It manages to capture the lashes, and coats them really well with a black that stays on all day. I always put mascara on my lower lashes too and it works well for them also. 


It adds both volume and length and I love that. The only downside, however, is the fact that the lashes can get slightly clumped together. This isn't so much of a bad thing because it is easily fixable however it is irritating to have to be looking out for it every time you do your eyelashes.


You can see what I mean especially in the above photo!

All in all I really do like this mascara, and will probably be repurchasing. The pros are it gives an intense black, it adds length and it adds loads of volume! The only con is sometimes the volume can be too much and it can come across as slightly clumpy.


Tuesday 18 February 2014

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin